LEARN CODING BY MAKING MINECRAFT MODS
IMPORTANT – TYPING SKILLS ARE REQUIRED: While no programming experience is necessary, this will require a lot of typing. We’re not expecting your child to do 60 words per minute, but if they hunt and peck at 3 words per minute, they’ll fall behind and get frustrated. If they need practice, the BBC has a great typing tutor program called Dance Mat Typing, which teaches typing like it’s a Dance Dance Revolution game.
HOW LONG IS THIS CLASS?
Six Saturday sessions of two hours each: September 12, 19, 26 & October 3, 10, 17 from 10 a.m. to noon at Amazon.com’s Wainwright Building. This is the same time and location as our other Seattle CoderDojo sessions, but while those are ticketed on a weekly basis, this is a special ticket good for all six sessions.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- a laptop with WiFi running Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux.*
- administrative rights on that laptop (so you can install software).
- either a copy of the PC/Mac/Linux version of Minecraft or at least a free Mojang account.
- patience. Getting everyone up to speed will take a little bit.
We’ll also send out an intro the week of the class. We’re finalizing some technical details on the
* If your child does not have their own laptop they can install software on, we will have a handful of “scholarship” laptops available. Please contact email@example.com for details. We cannot provide our regular loaner laptops for this workshop.
While parking is not provided, many of the lots and garages in the area have $2 to $4 rates for all day parking. The garage at 321 Terry Ave N. is $2.44 with tax. So is the garage at 550 Terry Ave N.